TRAVEL ENTERTAINMENT & VIDEO ON-DEMAND:
“GO USA CONNECTED TV" FOR HOW WE WATCH TV NOW
International travelers can now explore the USA’s must-see places, great outdoors, foodie hot spots, and amazing road trips on the new GoUSA TV!
There’s a revolution happening right now in television with rapidly growing consumer interest in cutting the cable and opting for Connected TV. By upgrading to “Smart TVs,”or simply using a plug-in device, viewers save on cable costs, while still receiving favorite channels and discovering new entertainment options like GoUSA TV.
Why Connected TV?
- We live in a multi-screen, multi-platform world, with one in three consumers saying they’ve never had cable television, or no longer do.
- While people are watching less linear television, time with digital video is on the rise.
- By 2025, half of viewers under 32 will not subscribe to a pay TV service.
- Currently 80% of television sales are internet-enabled, interactive televisions that support the increasing amount of consumers who consider themselves “cord-cutters.”
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
How to Download:
- Mobile: Download GoUSA TV on your mobile device now for free on iOS and Android.
- Over-the-Top (OTT): Install the channel via smart TVS and streaming devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, and Google Chromecast.
- Web: Watch a curated list of shows online via GoUSA TV YouTube.
How can Brand USA partners participate?
- Start by downloading and watching GoUSA TV. Partners can use the search bar within the app to see what programs are on the channel.
- Share GoUSA TV and specific series/episodes that feature your destination with your social followers, stakeholders, family, and friends.
- Submit new content for our OTT channel:
- Learn how Brand USA approaches and evaluates content and review spec requirements by referring to this document.
- Email us a link to your video: [email protected].
- If you don’t have a video link to send and instead would like to upload the source file, register for our Digital Asset Management system here. Should you have any questions regarding the DAM, please contact Alex Bacigalupi at [email protected].
- Want to create new content for the channel, or have additional questions? Contact Mark Lapidus, Senior Director, Digital & Content Development at [email protected].
- Once partner content is approved for GoUSA TV by a third party and Brand USA receives a completed In-Kind Content Contribution Form, it takes six to eight weeks to publish new content on GoUSA TV OTT platforms and apps.
- Brand USA retains final approval of all video submissions and uses submitted assets at our sole discretion.
Currently Streaming on GoUSA TV
See the examples below of the type of content Brand USA would like to feature on the channel.
For the second year, the Brand USA Video Storytelling Awards drew in numerous submissions from our partners around the USA. Winners for 2020 will be announced in September, so while our judges are reviewing, please check out last year’s winner below. Entries for 2021 are welcome now, so make sure to submit your video storytelling for consideration.
- Destination DC
- New Mexico Tourism Department